Blue Water Awards
The Blue Water Awards are presented to local businesses,
schools and associations that make use of creative methods
to reduce their impact on our creeks, beaches, and ocean.
Past recipients include:
Holiday Inn Express
Hampton Inn and Suites
The Fisherman's Restaurant
San Clemente Auto Wrecking
Concordia Elementary School
Shorecliffs Middle School
Truman Benedict Elementary School
The San Clemente Watershed Task Force is proud to announce the launch of a new business award program called Blue Water Business Awards. This program will recognize San Clemente business owners and their employees for incorporating environmentally friendly practices into their daily business operations.
What is a Blue Water Business?
• Blue Water Businesses are businesses who recycle 50% of their garbage (including food waste when applicable).
• Blue Water Businesses provide cigarette receptacles for patrons and employees who smoke outside their buildings.
• Blue Water Businesses sweep up dirt, debris, and garbage instead of hosing them into the gutter.
• Blue Water Businesses use recycled paper, envelopes, and other packaging instead of brand new versions of these office necessities.
• Blue Water Businesses conserve energy by shutting off lights and computers at the end of the day, purchasing energy star rated appliances, and exploring alternate energy sources.
• Blue Water Businesses conserve water by controlling irrigation, planting native plants, and training employees to reduce water consumption.
• Blue Water Businesses do everything they can to promote a healthy, clean, and green existence!
How can I apply for a Blue Water Business Award?
If you would like to apply to be a Blue Water Business, please fill out the downloadable application (click here for the PDF) and send it to;
San Clemente Watershed Task Force
910 Calle Negocio
San Clemente, CA 92672
What is the benefit of being a Blue Water Business?
• Special recognition before and after City Council meetings on the City’s designated channel.
• Free advertising in the San Clemente City Magazine and on the City’s website.
• A chance to win Blue Water Business of the Year at San Clemente’s Earth Day Celebration.
• Blue Water Businesses earn special decals that shoppers, customers, and clients will recognize in store windows much like the A, B, C restaurant report card postings.
If you know a business in town that deserves to be recognized for their efforts to promote environmentally friendly business practices, please download and fill out the application located under Blue Water Business Awards at www.scwatersheds.com, or call (949) 366-23264 today!
Chairman of the Board